Thursday, February 11, 2010

Allusive Poem Draft

With my yellow highlights all aflame
I see red with heat and intensity
When I stamp my foot, the earth trembles
Spewing flames and lava deep from within its core

Woeful to those who aren't in my good graces
For they shall perish under the heat
And gracious to those who stand beside me
For they shall go untouched by my fury

I constantly test those all around me
To see if they have a true heart and are deserving of my friendship
Easily angered if I'm hurt
If you cant take the heat then get out
You will get burned

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kiana[: I see that your comparing yourself to Pele? Good choice:D

    I like how your very descriptive about how you try to describe yourself to Pele in the poem for example: " I constantly test those all around me
    To see if they have a true heart and are deserving of my friendship
    Easily angered if I'm hurt
    If you cant take the heat then get out
    You will get burned" This poem is talking about how you are with other people when it comes to friendships and trust.

    I was a little confused thought in the begining when you said: "With my yellow highlights all aflame
    I see red with heat and intensity
    When I stamp my foot, the earth trembles
    Spewing flames and lava deep from within its core" I thought you were talking about being a fast runner? 0___o but overall good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye Kiana-
    I think that you're comparing yourself to Pele in this poem? Im not sure if I'm right, but it seems like it. Anyway, I think that your word choice is really what made your poem so "vivid". There was many examples of this like when you used words such as "tremble", "Woeful", and "Perish". Also your sentence flueny was good throughout the poem. Overall great job, there was hardly any flaws maybe even none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiana,
    Nice job on your poem! Don't forget the graphic :)
    You had a nice balance of details to describe the allusion and then details to connect your character to that allusion. My only suggestion would be to include some "context" from your life to add to the part about you.
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete